In my previous post on battery life in the Galaxyy S 2 I wrote about how the device copes under what I would call "moderate usage". Here I will briefly summarise a charge of the phone under typical(?) "heavy usage".
For me, this involved:
- WiFi on constantly
- Multiple games and keeping those games running in the background
- Various other applications (a total of 25 apps/games by the end of the charge)
- 30 minutes of high definition video content
- 3G/HSDPA on constantly with hour in total call time
- Screen on 100% brightness
- Lots of web browsing
- Sending emails
- Updating facebook status
- Checking Reddit.com (fellow reddit users will know this is almost a constant thing...)
- 45 minutes of GPS usage
- Not clearing the RAM
- Skype, Gmail, Facebook, Twitter all updating
- Microbes Live wallpaper
- Widgets for weather, stock market + gmail
- A series of alarms set to go off throughout the day
For those interested in "standby time" with and without WiFi, I decided to have a period of no-wifi standby and then "with-WiFi" standby at either end of the period of heavy usage
You can split the usage here into thirds:
- On standby - only 3G/HSDPA on and background socialnetwork/email sync. WiFi Off (12 Hours)
- Phone on about 50% of the time, Heavy Usage, WiFi On (12 Hours)
- On standby, WiFi On (12 Hours).
With that in mind I would expect to get a good 14-15 hours if I had started with heavy usage from the start. I would imagine that most people need to sleep and have a break from their phone at *some* point during the day (to sleep, for example?) so it looks like the Battery life of the Galaxy S 2, even under heavy usage will be more than sufficient! Hurray!